Saturday, August 31, 2024

Teddy Kitty, 2007-2024

 I've just gotten word of the passing of Teddy the Cat in North Carolina on Wednesday of this past week, 21 August 2024. He was about 17 years old. Teddy had been the exclusive pet of my mom's next-door neighbours since about 2016 when my mom moved to California. Those neighbours were, and still are, like an aunt and uncle to me, and gave him the best life a kitty could want. Good food, good routine, lots of cuddles, plenty of sunshine and playing in the woods. Teddy was my kitten for only a few months but he imprinted on me, and trusted me, and I loved him. I went off to work on a sailboat in March of the following year, then came back for a couple of months only to run off to New York, then London, where I've been ever since. The last time I saw Teddy was before mom and I did our road trip to LA. But he was still my boy. I miss him, but I'm glad he had a good, happy, long life. Here's to you, my darling boy.

No comments: