Monday, October 03, 2005

Silence

my ability to speak has been forceably removed from me this weekend. what began as a mere head cold turned into what must be one of the most frustrating things in the universe--to have something to say but to be unable to convey it. it won't raise above an airy whisper--one that bypasses the larynx entirely--without becoming an incomprehensible screech (varying from the incomprehensible screech that is my usual speaking voice) that occasionally wavers into silence. its like screaming under water. my mom just told me that when you lose your voice its an indicator of a viral infection. bacterial i'd just be hacking up a lung. joy.

1 comment:

MattJ said...

On the plus side, you've updated your blog, so y'know, every cloud ;-)

If you weren't a woman I would suggest you had the dreaded 'Man Flu'. That most evil of illnesses that cunningly masquerades as a common cold but has a terribly debilitating effect on all males. We become unable to make our own tea/chicken soup and also develop a complete inability to talk without whimpering. I have recently recovered from the terrible effects of this silent killer, be thankful you did not go through my chicken soupless ordeal! (No girlfriend/mum to get to get it for me!)


get well soon ;-P