Saturday, March 25, 2006

hallway party

there really is nothing quite like being surrounded by four massive, hunky, blond haired, blue-eyed German men...in togas.

Hey Missionaries: the fact that I do not think like you is not an invitation for you to try and change me. The Good Lord did not put us in the hallway together in togas for you to save my soul. I respect you regardless of your religion--it is only decent for you to offer me the same courtesy.

My toga went from properly wrapped to tied to stay up to an interesting dress with an empire waist to a rather attractive kimono with large, flowing sleeves. behold the multi-form bedsheet.

If you translate "run a red light" into Swedish it means "(go for a run, jog, etc.) a red light," which is completely incomprehensible. However, if you translate "you reap what you sow" or "you've made your bed, now you have to lie in it" into Swedish, they both mean "you must pay the consequences for your actions."

In Africa people like to start their birthdays early.

Swords may in fact be the most phallic weapons known to man, which explains a lot about Roman history.

1 comment:

Ben said...

All valuble lessons learned.

Were the missionaries wearing togas too? because if that was the case I'd just point over their shoulder and shout "shit! Lions!" and then run away.

I think the only forms I've managed to get out of my bedsheets are 'clean' and 'dirty'.