Thursday, May 24, 2007

What the Gold Rush Left Behind

I've moved to the mountains of Colorado for my new job. I'm having a good time so far in my new environment, though it has taken some getting used to physically. In particular, its cold. I'm 8,600 feet above sea level here and it has snowed constantly for the past two days. It actually stuck last night. Its nearly summer in the northern hemisphere. unbelievable. Also as a condition of the altitude, the air is thin here. You can't walk uphill without panting, and though i'm not the least fit person in the world its taking some effort to get around. Everything is uphill somehow. Uphill both ways, in the snow in late May...Nice.

My internet access is intermittent at best so I will not be posting much for the next few months. I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too much.

1 comment:

Kim said...

sorry you're living in a snowy closet. it's been totally "cold" and overcast here...so don't feel too bad. i guess.