Monday, October 03, 2011

Jumbled Thoughts

I'll try to make clear distinctions between them.

----

I'm getting married.  Soon.  Well, fairly soon.  I want April 5th. I like April 5th.  It's a good date. It's a Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays. Long-time readers of this blog may have noticed my spouse-to-be's arrival on the scene in November of 2004. Thanksgiving, actually. I've let my hair grow out since then, and started using punctuation.  He's grown a beard and gotten a job. I think that means he wins.

----

I've never liked children. (cue half of my readers finding something better to do.) But I think there is some sort of mathematical principle to the noise they make. I call it the Exponential Baby Figure. One baby, quiet, equals one baby, but one baby screaming seems to magically become ten babies, all screaming as loudly as they can from every point in the room. Two babies screaming is at least 100, three is over three million, and any number over 4 would make a calculator cry ERROR. This expansion property seems to have the capacity to bend the fabric of space to accommodate for all of the mouths--which would make day care centres and maternity wards the most fragile areas of space/time continuity in the universe. Scary stuff.

----

I've been having a lot of nightmares lately. This isn't wholly surprising--I'm nervous and worried about many things these days and I'm sure my circadian rhythm is reflecting that. But they all seem to involve terrifying dolls coming to life and chasing after me. I don't like this.

----

I smushed my thumb in a door this past weekend. It still hurts and is somewhat blue, but doesn't look as bad as some people's smushed fingers have. I think the nail isn't going to fall off.

----

I just realized that Sallie Mae no longer has a British bank account and I now have to send money to my US account in order to make my loan repayments, at a cost of at least £25, plus whatever my US bank wants to charge, per transaction. This sucks ass. Their .co.uk website doesn't even exist any more. I thought I had options.  Apparently I don't. Thanks, America!

----

I know the names of two of the four people whose houses are attached to mine: one of each partnership on either side. I have met two of the four people whose houses are attached to mine: the couple to the right. I wonder how typical this is.

----

dont let the dolls get me dont let the dolls get me dont let the dolls get me how on earth can i sleep?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Those dreams sound utterly terrifying. Also? MARRIED!!! PS you still haven't posted anything about the engagement, and you should, or you should at least email me, because we have not had THAT conversation.

Logistics are annoying, stress is inevitable, but at the end of it? MARRIED.