Thursday, January 27, 2005

turning evil

Its finally happened. I guessed this day would come someday--i couldn't hold it off forever. I've grown comfortable enough in my surroundings that i have allowed my bitter, cruel, backbiting and generally unpleasant interior to show through. I usually don't notice i've started acting that way until i look around and notice i have no friends. I am no stranger to this passive course of alienation but i really thought i'd grown out of it. I guess it shows that you can take me out of my nasty world but you can't take the nasty out of me. This is not an American thing, nor a woman thing, and it has nothing to do with my company or surroundings. It's just me, and I'm not nice.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i've just lowered the veil from where it was concealing my insensitive personality. like when your friend says "i think i need to break up with my boyfriend while i'm abroad, but it hurts me a lot to do it" and you reply with "well when you call make sure you've got a cold--its easier to fake tears that way." One may view it as pitiful, but I really don't care about...well, much of anything. Once people notice that i'm apathetic toward their emotions and needs they tend to gravitate away from me.