Sunday, January 14, 2007

Subconscious Sadism

Over the past few months I've had a series of dreams in which I've lost body parts. Most recently my sleeping mind decided it'd be funny to lop off my left pinkie toe, but before that I had my tongue cut out with kitchen shears and lost a leg up to the hip. I Googled "amputation dream" and found a series of dictionary/advisory/astrological sites which all suggested I felt "trapped in an unpleasant situation" or "silenced by an oppressive home or job." i.e. I'd lost the parts of me used for moving around or speaking. Others mentioned castration anxiety (. . .) or amusingly vague and multi-purpose responses such as "you're worried about a difficult situation that you're going to have to address." and "you have a lot of stress in your relationship."

As cute as that is, I honestly think I'm just scared of losing bits of myself in the power tools at work. Knock on wood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.sawstop.com

At least atch the hotdog demo. It's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I can't even watch that demo.

But too bad that *none* of the major tool makers have opted to invest in that technology.

Me, I dream about being told that I'm doing a great job at work, and that I'm being demoted. I force myself to wake up when things like that happen. No point in continuing down that path.

PartyingMyPants said...

i had a dream last night that John Fox died. that was weird.