Monday, November 15, 2004

Christmas is coming

and i still can't figure out if i should head home. i know i should, to be nice to my folks and get some presents and see what few friends i have remaining, but on the other hand I really would just prefer not to. I don't want to endure the same loss and sadness of getting on a plane yet again and bidding my parents adieu. As it is i'm quite settled in here and don't feel like uprooting again for a good long time. I'm moderately opposed to packing a bag, hitching a coach, fighting through airports, dragging myself back to Charlotte, sitting around the house with my parents for three weeks, then heading back. there's nothing to do in Canterbury, sure, but there's nothing better to do in SC. And for the holiday travel pricetag? the cheapest i've been able to find so far is 600 pounds, and you can't seem to buy tickets leaving from London in American money. figures. $600 is almost understandable for a price, but as the pound is just about double the dollar, i don't have $1,200 to blow on a one-way ticket from London, and my folks don't either. Gracious alive. this hurts my soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. I am also a FMHS graduate (1993) and went on to attend USC. A lot of Ko's quotes made me smile and miss high school...just a little bit. He was the best teacher I ever had and probably was the one person who encouraged me to move on to what I do now.

Hey, check out my crappy band's site. There is a song called Fort Mill there for you to listen to.

Thanks,
Roy Smith