Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Quotation Book--Junior Year FMHS

Let your light shine, but don't blind nobody.
-Emily Matthews (someone I've heard of)

Color Me Cynical.
-Scott Kosanke (greatest AP US History teacher alive, hereafter listed as "Ko")

Yeah, man--it was like I was adding 4+4 and getting 7½.
-Jon McGregor (drummer)

Serrously, 1 piece.
-Mike Acock, Keil McMurray (drummers)

I can be a pompous dork if I want to!
-symphonic B band oboeists (2 including me)

When God created animals, he had some parts left over, so he mashed 'em up in a ball and dropped it on Australia and called it a Duck-Billed Platypus.
-Nate Christensen (high school friend)

If you turn your head to the side and squint at it, it kinda looks like a. . .a pancreas.
-Nate Christensen, William Hendrix (also friend)

Why can you see that which you're not looking at out of the corner of your eye so perfectly?
-William Hendrix (in regard to a couple snogging a bit disgustingly at a nearby table)

When you look at the notes on this page, do you see seeds or do you see flowers?
-Martin Dickey (full time band director, full time asshole. when does he sleep?)

So we'll start back with why we dropped the bomb on Pearl Harbor. . .
-Ko (whoops)

Remember? You're stabbing them here--I'd prefer you to do it with a knife, and not a stick of butter! (Ack! I've been Buttered! Now you're gonna sautee me!)
-Sean Carney (band director, but dorky and kind)

Go ahead and mark on the calendar, "coma."
-Josh Myers (low lifed jerk with a keen sense of the world around him)

You're lying through your cavities.
-Kyle Smith (I don't remember who this is)

I'm gonna hang you in about 2 seconds...
-Ann Ledford (the nicest teacher ever)

I can take both of you! ...one at a time...with my car...
-Katie Miller (oboeist)

This is my 15 minutes of fame! Then I'll be obscure for the rest of my life, but this is my 15 mintues of fame!
-Sean Carney

If i was perfect, you'd be in flames right now.
-Katie Miller

Sheez! This is Intrusions--not Sleepusions.
-Sean Carney

If there's nothing cool after the first drop, the rest of the roller coaster may as well not be there. It could just be: Big Hill, Get Off--Whoo!
-Scotty Sells (greatest drummer...ever)

Duct Tape is like the Force--it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
-well-known quotation, unknown author

Yeah, in death they put you in a box and cover you up with dirt and don't even let you out for weekends.
-Mel Gibson, Air America

Jonathan Malphrus's parents--Sparkles and the Judge
-11th grade AP US History class joke

That's like me sayin "well I love you, but I'm tha shit."
-Tim Cossor (drummer)

Don't act like you're coming from somewhere, but you're going somewhere else.
-Scotty Sells

I know your sentiments, because I feel them exactly--there is no excuse for stupid people.
-Mr. Waddell (neighbor)

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.
-George Orwell, 1984

The oboe is the most tempramental instrument.
-Dr. Ashley Barrett, oboe professor at UNCG

I hate women--they always know where everything is.
-James Thurber (no idea)

Do it yourself--start your own country.
-no idea

It takes a special kind of stupidity to join into a profession where you are overworked, underpaid, and spend your life trying to help people who don't want to be helped.
-William Hendrix

. . . But I'm weird anyway.
-Mrs. Carpenter (a rather stuffy English teacher, but aren't they all?)

Grab some plastic, folks.
-Ko (meaning to say "have a seat")

Mommy, is that God?
-Ko (as a child, upon first seeing an African-American)

I cannot but conclude the bulk of your natives to be the most pernicious race of little odious vermin that nature ever suffered to crawl upon the surface of the earth.
-Jonathan Swift, Gulliver's Travels

"When you guys come to turn your papers in, you'll have to step over the carcasses." "Why?" "'Cos from the looks on your faces, you're shooting a lot of bull."
-Mrs. Carpenter

If God dropped acid, would he see people?
-no idea

Stuffin? This here's polyester.
-Hunk, The Wizard of Oz stage production

I doubt, therefore I might be.
-no idea

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
-Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) Spaceballs

What's that useless piece of skin at the end of a penis called? A MAN!
-Eric Idle, The Road to Mars

At the customs office encountered upon entering Australia a person is asked: "Do you have a criminal record?" "Good heavens, I had no idea one was still required."
-old British humour

I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own except that you happen to be insane.
-George Orwell, 1984

Diva Football! (Its about boys with grace--we can lose with style.)
-Sister on North Carolina School of the Arts athletics

Looks like I'm talkin' to myself here.
-Josh Myers

You keep on knockin' but you can't come in . . .
-Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke

Ko phone home.
-Ko

This is the ear. You use it to hear with. Now on to something else.
-Mr. Sacco (FMHS AP Biology teacher)

Kids. . . all they want is violence and candy.
-Robert "Trae" DeLellis (high school friend)

The Black Band-O-Death.
-William Hendrix, on an event of Red Ribbon Week

It's the year of the tomato. . .
-Sarah Bergman (high school friend)

If a book is boring, it is poorly written.
-me

Oh, if I were alive I'd just kill myself.
-Joey Wyatt (high school friend)

If you are currently giving birth to a flaming porcupine, in an igloo, in the middle of the amazon rainforest. . . you have problems.
-Nicolas Hough

My father always told me that all businessmen were sons of bitches, but I never believed him till now.
-John F. Kennedy, Jr.

We don't know, we will never know, who cares?
-Ko

We will again separate the true believers from those who only see that hat.
-Scotty Sells

Ko's senior superlative: most likely to take over a 3rd World country.
-Ko

Pain is your friend--it tells you you're still alive.
-Adam Miller (ex-boyfriend) but probably relayed from US Marine Corps propaganda

Grown Ups--judge not, lest ye be judged.
-Scotty Sells

Gold, frankincense, myrrh--you know, the usual gifts.
-Ko

A gaggle of guidance counselors. . .
-Ko

Ko's Axiom #1: People are Stupid.
Ko's Axiom #2: And that's why we're here.
(If all else fails, refer to Axiom #1)
-Ko

Dull, Duller, Dulles (John Fostor Dulles)
-Ko

I was going to [sing on] Broadway, but now I'm going to Fort Mill instead.
-Sean Hou (prodigy child from FM)

(on Theodore Roosevelt's Trust Busting campaign) I got a bigger stick than you--who cares if its constitutional?
-Ko

In World War II, the most feared sights were 18-year old German and Japanese men with a machine gun. The most welcome sight was an 18-year old American with a machine gun, because there was probably a candy bar close behind.
-Ko

. . . they don't have all those amazing consonants in their names.
-Ko

This is a 5'2", 86lb. ballerina on a tightrope--not an elephant on a 2x4. . .
-Sean Carney

No dancing on tables with spurs.
-sign from Joe's Crab Shack (chain restaurant)

(caption on a mounted artificial fish) "Big Dead Fish", caught by Joe's momma in the reedy river by the train station.
-sign from Joe's Crab Shack

Billy Badass, Danny Dumbass...
-Adam Miller

Quite possibly the saddest thing you could ever see would be a mosquito sucking a mummy. "Forget it, little friend."
-Jack Handey, Saturday Night Live

CD's are like bad acid--not to be produced or consumed. Viva la Vinyl!
-Pearl Jam, Vitalogy album book

No comments: